Moon exploration with the 180mm Maksutov

5 times Vallis Schröteri and the crater Herodotus

5000 frames 20% stacked ASI290mm with a Baader Green filter
5000 frames 20% stacked ASI290mm with a Baader Red filter
5000 frames 20% stacked ASI290mm with a Baader Red filter second round
5000 frames 20% stacked ASI290mm with a Baader Red filter third round
5000 frames 20% stacked ASI290mm with a Baader IR filter
20000 frames 5% stacked ASI290mm with a Baader IR filter

The out-of-focus star test of the Mak during the imaging session of tonight. A slight de-centering is noticeable, as well as a thermal chimney 10 seconds stacked.

Unidentified

Low, low, low Jupiter!

The planet barely clears the houses and tress. This is madness. Red spot showing nicely however. All images with a 180mm Maksutov & ASI290MM. Some artefacts I did not remove. I did not use an ADC (Atmospheric Dispersion Corrector)

ASI290MM first guiding job

I guess the picture below says it all !! RMS values of 0.30″ and 0.26″. The mount was setup in the garden that same night, using PoleMaster to align (one 7-minute session). The PHD2 Guidelog mentions a pole error of 0,5′ I guess that is 30″. Not bad for spending 7 minutes on aligning. Works like a charm.

This is no doubt rather good guiding. I’m happy with this result: a good combination of the ASI290MM smaller pixels and the old Soligor “free” 400mm F 6.3 DSLR telelens (I got it as a gift from a neighbour who found it on a flee market).