For now a final NGC3628, in color!

I had finally a break in the clouds, no moon, to capture some color for my NGC3628. This color was already long waited for ( I started the first luminance February 24th). So I added 7x300s Blue, Red and Green. I combined those in Photoshop with the previous Luminance. See all details on Astrobin

Orion Horsehead nebula

I’m not utterly thrilled by this result it can certainly better, I need to add additional Luminance data to reduce the noise and increase detail. This was actually more an exercise in combining NEF Nikon D750 color data taken by the C11 with Starizona reducer with monochrome ASI183MM data taken with the Esprit 120. This was done with AstroPixelProcessor 1.071. As you can see it worked wonderful.

The NEF color frames were split along the RGB color channels and combined with the Luminance result using the RGB Combine tool. The luminance noise was still very present as the Gain settings (230) were too high during the ASI183 capture.

There are some artefacts like the obvious magenta colors top left, and the top right cut-off angle: I need to look into these.